I went over the Eisenhower Matrix FOUR times last week, so I knew it would be a good topic to cover this week.
Are you familiar with it? It's an amazing tool to organize your to-do list into what to do right now, what to schedule for later, what to delegate, and what to delete by breaking it into what is important and urgent.
Here is a template you can use:
Template of the Eisenhower Matrix from Eisenhower.me.
Here's how to use it:
1. First, define what is important. What is the main focus of your business right now? (ie. Getting leads, converting leads, nurturing leads, working on your operations, etc).
2. Now start writing every task in your to-do list on this document, ensuring you categorize each task into the four quadrants by how important it is (using your main focus as a filter for this) and how soon it needs to be done (the urgency).
3. Once you've written out your to-do list, start working on all the tasks that need to be done by you, right now (the tasks in the first quadrant).
4. Then schedule the important, not urgent tasks (the tasks in the second quadrant).
5. Then delegate the urgent, less important tasks (the tasks in the third quadrant).
6. Remove the tasks in the last quadrant from your list, or put them in your project management software as "tabled for later" to revisit when you run out of more important and urgent things to do.
7. Repeat every week and as needed.
This will help you take action on the things that move the needle in your business right now.
Have suggestions for what you want me to cover in Implement This? Comment and tell me what you want me to cover! :)
Here's to you getting Time Rich, Summer
👉 PS. Want to get crystal clear about what systems in your business are holding you back? Take this quick Systems Audit for a no BS look at your systems.